Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I silence the iphone keypad

My keypad beeps when I make calls. This is when I need to make a call and physically type the number using the iphone keyad. Not the messaging keypad. How can I silence the keypad?

iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Mar 4, 2012 7:52 AM

10 replies

Mar 5, 2012 1:00 AM in response to thedvguy

it is not the messaging keyboard or the normal type pad that I'm worried about. that is silent. it's the keypad in the phone function. when I need to DIAL A NUMBER.

go to PHONE (little green phone icon in the lower left corner) - keypad - you will see a number pad with a green call button at the bottom. that is the keypad I'm talking about. the dial a number keypad. it beeps everytime I push a button. I want to dial silently. I do NOT see a way to shut this sound off

May 29, 2015 10:20 AM in response to thedvguy

I tried to add this helped me but is not working for some reason...

i Was frustrated like you anime this...Gorr....and I Too experienced this return to hearing calls when I thought it had been silenced and that gtating noise when tapping in numbers .....

....until huntress highlighted the button to silence could be clicked...never knew that before...so relieved to finally have that annoying tone turned off when entering s number manually!!

Thanks huntress appreciate this...first time this helped me via this forum! Usually struggled to find help on this site so glad you had provided feedback!

how do I silence the iphone keypad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.