Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help!!! I deleted all my contacts from my iPhone! How do i get them back?

I was turning off iCloud on my iPhone and it deleted all of my contacts!!!! How do i get them back!!!!

iPhone 4, iOS 5.0.1, 16GB CDMA Black

Posted on Mar 4, 2012 7:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2012 7:38 AM

If you had iCloud enabled then it should have synced them, first of all try turning icloud back on. If this doesn't resync then plug your phone into itunes on your computer and see if they were synced there. If you have another apple divice (iPad, iPod touch) that also uses i cloud see if theywere synced to this, if so then turning on icloud and re syncing should fix your problem.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2012 7:38 AM in response to Matrix X2

If you had iCloud enabled then it should have synced them, first of all try turning icloud back on. If this doesn't resync then plug your phone into itunes on your computer and see if they were synced there. If you have another apple divice (iPad, iPod touch) that also uses i cloud see if theywere synced to this, if so then turning on icloud and re syncing should fix your problem.

Jun 10, 2013 7:52 AM in response to Matrix X2

Try to do via iCloud:

settings>icloud>check to see if your signed in or have contacts on, if you do then turn off contats, keep on phone, turn back on, merge and your contacts should show up again.

Besides, I do like to share you another tutorial recovery iPhone contacts without backup with third-part software, check it here: How to get deleted contacts back from iPhone

Nov 23, 2016 7:36 PM in response to Matrix X2

Since you turned off iCloud, you can restore contacts from an iTunes backup if having one.

Restore from iTunes: Connect iPhone to the latest version of iTunes, then head to "File" > "Devices" > "Restore from backup..."

Or, directly restore from your device. There's a guide on iFoneTips showing how to restore contacts with or without backups. Hope it helps.

Help!!! I deleted all my contacts from my iPhone! How do i get them back?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.