Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can you activate mission control on a remote Mac while screen sharing?

Hi.

I am sharing the screen of a remote Mac, viewing it on another Mac. I would like to activate mission control on the remote Mac, but I do not know how. All mission control commands activate mission control on the local Mac instead (as one might expect).

Thanks.

Posted on Mar 4, 2012 10:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2012 11:30 AM

On the remote Mac, change the hot key that activates Mission Control to one that is different than Mission Control hot key on the controlling Mac. Go to Sytem Preferences -> Mission Control. The F9 key is the default hot key, there are others listed in a drop down menu in that pref pane.

HTH

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2012 11:30 AM in response to Linda Custer

On the remote Mac, change the hot key that activates Mission Control to one that is different than Mission Control hot key on the controlling Mac. Go to Sytem Preferences -> Mission Control. The F9 key is the default hot key, there are others listed in a drop down menu in that pref pane.

HTH

Oct 14, 2016 7:47 PM in response to Len Flier

Hi Len,

I login just to say thanks for this idea~!!! I didn't want to confuse myself unnecessarily by changing the shortcut keys on every computer i remote to too.

I work at a repair shop and time to time the person at the customer service counter needs to go away for awhile and I'd had to help take care of it while she's away. Instead of wasting my time idling, I usually remote to my iMac inside the room from the iMac on the cust svc counter and do my work that way. Problem is I use multiple screens to segregate types of apps and also functionality and it always slows my work down whenever I work via remote. This idea brought back some of the speed I have on my iMac while working remotely.

Thanks again.

How can you activate mission control on a remote Mac while screen sharing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.