Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I turn off auto complete on the iPad?

Given the way I type, auto complete is Infuriating. I should be able to turn it off either an App at a time, or for all Apps, for all time. I waste more time going back anc changing things to what I want than it could ever save me.

If it can't be turned off then at least is should be modified so that you would have to actively click to accept it, instead of it automatically entering the suggestion when you hit a space.

This is the type of garbage that Microsoft likes to impose on us; Apple should know better.

Posted on Mar 4, 2012 12:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2012 12:38 PM

You can turn off auto-correction for typing via Settings > General > Keyboard > Auto-Correction and Check Spelling :

Turn Auto-Correction on or off: Choose General > Keyboard and turn Auto-Correction on or off.

Normally, if the default keyboard for the language you select has a dictionary, iPad automatically suggests corrections or completed words as you type.

Check spelling as you type: Choose General > Keyboard and turn Check Spelling on or off.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2012 12:38 PM in response to molnar.rk

You can turn off auto-correction for typing via Settings > General > Keyboard > Auto-Correction and Check Spelling :

Turn Auto-Correction on or off: Choose General > Keyboard and turn Auto-Correction on or off.

Normally, if the default keyboard for the language you select has a dictionary, iPad automatically suggests corrections or completed words as you type.

Check spelling as you type: Choose General > Keyboard and turn Check Spelling on or off.

Can I turn off auto complete on the iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.