Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I insert a song into lots of different projects without it duplicating so many time?

I have a website where I upload a daily one minute video, and I use the same song for the opening, and the same song for the closing. I have been trying to figure out why so much space is being used. One issue is that the songs I have been using for the opening and closoing are being uploaded over and over and over again.

What is the best way to do this so that the media isn't being duplicated over and over again? The files live in itunes, so is there any way to simply reference the file from the music folder instead of having to copy the media over and over again?

Thanks.

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 4, 2012 12:57 PM

9 replies

Mar 4, 2012 1:14 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Thanks Tom, but I don't think I was very clear. I want each daily video I'm making to have certain musc for the title, and outtro. You can see samples of my videos by watching the first video on my site (http://noahsdad.com/)

I have to add that audio, and the audio on the end bumper every single time, which over time takes up lots of space. Is there a way I can use that same sequence (with the new data) without with being duplicated every time.

Mar 4, 2012 3:23 PM in response to andynick

Hmmm... I made the opening in motion, and have set it as a opening bumer. So what I typically do is drag it in to the project time line from the right side of the screen (where my bumbers are) and then add the audio (from itunes) on top of it. So that audio is being duplicated on every single event. This was the only way I knew to do it so I could easily change the date without having to always set the right keyframes. (If there is an easier way, please let me know.)

For the ending bumber I just use a small video clip I made and insert it in each timeline. So I'm assuming that is also being duplicated every single time.

How can I insert a song into lots of different projects without it duplicating so many time?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.