8 Replies Latest reply: Oct 12, 2012 3:51 AM by davewall99 Branched to a new discussion.
maninabatcave Level 1 (0 points)

Hi Guys

Sorry but new to creating app for the iphones etc. Managed to get apps working on android and obtain keys etc but when i try to get one from Apple to idenitfy the app, it wont let me view the web page. Keep getting access denied page.

The page we are being connected to for the key is

http://developer.apple.com/iphone/manage/certificates/team/createDistribute.acti on

this in turn takes us here after we log in, but gives no details of how to resolve the issue.

https://developer.apple.com/ios/unauthorized.action

I know this will turn out to be something very simple and im sorry to ask daft questions.

Many Thanks

Allan

iPhone 4, Creating Apps Keys
  • K T Level 7 (23,705 points)

Are you using Safari/Mac...?

• maninabatcave Level 1 (0 points)

Hi KT

Thanks for the responce, im not actually using either, browser is rockmelt on Win 7. To be honest i hadnt even given the browser a second thought. Will try Safari now. Will let you know how i go on.

Thanks Again

Allan

Hi Again

Safari does not appear to resolve the issue either, kinda hoping we dont have to go and buy a Mac for our testing purposes. Any further input would be gratefully recieved.

Allan

Safari on a Mac is required....Safari on Windows won't work, sorry.

There are a number of things a dev needs to do that require a current Mac running a current OS X order to participate in iOS development. What you ran into is only the beginning....

Hi again KT

Had a feeling that might have been the case as soon as you responded. Such a shame, love my IPhone/pad, but not really sure I'm keen on getting a mac just to test a few funny apps. Shame on Apple for this one.

Thanks anyway KT.

If you're looking to have an agenda against Apple, this isn't the place

Shame on you for being stuck and in the past and so narrow minded...

• LCPInternational Level 1 (0 points)

Sorry KT, I have the same problem as maninabatcave. When i try to access Apple Developer Provisioning Portal, i get "unauthorized action" such i don't have the requested permissions.

I'm registered with an Apple Developer ID

I use Safari 6.0 on Macbook Air 13" Late 2011 and using Mac OSX 10.8

I don't have any paid developer registrations.

Thanks for help!

• davewall99 Level 1 (0 points)

This may sound like a silly question but have you paid the $100 and signed up to the full program?

I am having the same problem but as yet I am only signed up to the feee accound to get the SDK and documentation.

It looks like you have to sign up to the full program to get at the portal.