Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone have issues with Ally.com (bank) - Can't login, keeps looping

I just opened accounts with them. I created user id, password, secret questions, etc. It was working last night and I was able to get on and see accounts, etc.

Today I was in the other room using my MacBook and decided to check out their site and familiarize myself with it. Well, I was able to initially log on, but everytime I clicked on a button to go to another part/screen, it would log me out. I thought maybe it was something with the MacBook. I made sure it was accepting cookies, not blocking popups etc. But it just kept getting worse and worse, finally couldn't even log in. It just keep looping me back to inputting my username.

So I went to my desktop and found similar results, except it did allow me to login initially but when I started looking around and clicking on stuff, it logged me out and I get the same behavior as the MacBook.

I have the same extensions on both:

Exposer

Sessions

WOT

Priceblink

Adblock

Ghostery

Ultimate Status Bar

And, I have Cookie, by SweetP Productions as an App, not extension. (I have ally.com as favorite, bu I also went ahead and closed the app.

So, I disabled ALL the extensions; turned off extensions button, too. Still same problem. So I enabled a Guest account on my desktop and logged in as Guest. Started up Safari and tried it. Same problem. I even downloaded Google Chrome and tried that. Same behavior/problem.

Other things I tried: Cleared all cache, reset Safari. Cleared all cookies - seemed to get me in one time, but as soon as I clicked on a button for another screen (besides the main "account" screen), it logged me out. I reset permissions on both Macs. (I have TinkerTool and I deleted all program cache, too). I deleted the safari plist file, too. I set Safari to block cookies = NEVER. I set Safari to location services, prompt one time only.

They say on their website that they support Mac OS Snow Leopard and Lion and Safari 5. I called them, but it's Sunday and they tried to help, but we got nowhere. So they sent a message to their IT dept to get back to me in 2-3 days.

Has anyone had any experience with Ally.com (login page is: https://secure.ally.com/allyWebClient/login.do)

Like I said, I got on last night and went through their app process, created online user and it seemed to be working. Now today it keeps looping on me.

Anyone ever experience this? Any ideas what to try? Any Help, Anyone?? TIA!

mac mini, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 2.66 GHz, 8 GB, 500 GB

Posted on Mar 4, 2012 4:34 PM

9 replies

Mar 4, 2012 8:02 PM in response to linda2009

And, I have Cookie, by SweetP Productions as an App

That's more than likely the issue. Third party cookies managers on a Mac can cause login / logout issues, especially with banking sites. (Security)

Just closing the app won't make any difference.

Quit Safari.

Go to ~/Library/Application Support/SIMBL/Plugins

Move the files in bold print to the Desktop.

Relaunch Safari to test.

If that helped, move the files in bold print to the Trash.

If you could not locate the SIMBL/Plugins, redownload the plugin here > http://sweetpproductions.com/safaricookies/

You'll see an "uninstall Safari Cookies.app: in the window.

Mar 4, 2012 9:04 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

I cannot find that folder, because I have the Cookie "APP" from SweetP Productions, not the "safari cookies" Plugin. The App runs independent of Safari. It's not their "free" one and doesn't use SIMBL. That's why I went ahead and bought it. (It's called Cookie, not Safari Cookies.)

I will use my TinkerTool program and completely uninstall it. I'll see if that works. I'll reboot, etc.

Confuses me, because I login as a Guest and Cookie and all the extensions do not get loaded and I still have trouble on the site.

I'll post back...

Mar 4, 2012 9:54 PM in response to linda2009

Nothing helped. It's very fickle. I was able to log in after about 6 attempts (it was already doing this). It let me click on a couple of things, but then I would click on something and it would log me out. It would then take 2 - 3 attempts to get back in again. I can see in the address bar, as it changes very fast, it says something about "=true" and then goes right back to "=logon.do"

Here's what I removed. I completely uninstalled Cookie.

I completely uninstalled all the extensions and then turned off extensions.

I also realized I had Glims installed (it helps with tab and search settings). I completely uninstalled Glims.

I disabled my AntiVirus (ClamXav). I removed it from my Login start up apps.

I removed all of my start up apps, I had -

Font explorer

Clip Menu

I disabled/removed OpenDNS.

I updated Flash Player from System Preferences (even tho I had it set at automatic, it was not the latest version)

I rebooted more than once.

I got rid of everything I could think of. Nothing fixes it. Nothing. When I try it, I might be able to log in after about 6 attempts, but it always logs me out when I click on something, like one of the accounts, or transfers or anything....

Maybe they will call eventually.............

But, I guess I will NOT be changing banks!! Unfortunately, because they seem to have a lot to offer, but they are completely ONLINE based, but I can't get their site to work!! Maybe if I had a Windows machine it would work.

Oh, I even tried Firefox - same result.

Nov 27, 2012 10:50 AM in response to Kevin 253

Hello Kevin 253.

Turns out Ally.com / Ally bank, has a problem with DYNAMIC IP addresses; apparently with Mac/Apple computers. I don't know about Windows computers. Every time your dynamic ip address changes, ally.com thinks you are a new person, hence you have to login again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is a dynamic IP address?

Simply, a dynamic IP address is one that changes periodically. The ISP (Internet Service Provider) or network provider makes the change, not the individual user.

Note: Static IP addresses are easier for the individual, but a static IP address may cost more or not be available from your ISP. Ask your provider.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -

I had to get a Static IP address from my ISP and that fixed the problem.

Apr 4, 2013 12:15 PM in response to linda2009

I’ve been having the exact same problem logging on to ally.com—I even have Ghostery installed which I doubted was the problem, but I disabled anyway to no avail.

I’ve only tried from my home network, and I’ll try from another to confirm. But when I called, they gave me a lot of BS to try and confuse me such as “change your browser from 64 bit to 32 bit” and “change your Java settings to run as 32 bit,” which, as a web developer, I wasn’t buying. I don’t even have Java installed, and I doubted their site login needed a runtime environment without telling me. But the weird thing is: my windows laptop has the same problem on this network.

I’ll try again from another network to verify if a dynamic IP is the problem.

Anyone have issues with Ally.com (bank) - Can't login, keeps looping

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.