Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCal error when drag reminder to calendar

When I drag a Exchange 2007 task to calendar, I got error dialog saying:

"iCal can’t save the event", "The account "Exchange" currently can’t be modified. To discard your changes and continue using the version of your calendars that’s on the server, click Revert to Server. To save your changes on your computer until the problem is resolved, click Go Offline."

When I drag an iCloud task to calender, another error:

https://p01-caldav.icloud.com:443/200<6digi masked here>/principal/ is not a location that supports this request.

It's a bit frustrating as I used to get this work...

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Mar 4, 2012 7:21 PM

3 replies

Mar 5, 2012 12:55 AM in response to John Maisey

Thank you for reply this.

However, I'm not sure if the fact of stored in seperate lists has anything related with the issue I encountered.

No matter what fundimental storage they use, I suppose the iCal in 10.7 is designed to support drag from reminder and drop to calendar based on:

• the cursor shows a plus sign when to drag the reminder and hover in calendar;
  • you got an ical event with same color of source reminder instantly when you drop the reminder (although a few seconds later the error show up as I described above)

Mar 5, 2012 2:27 AM in response to FreeWizard

Hi again,

FreeWizard wrote:

When I drag an iCloud task to calender, another error:

https://p01-caldav.icloud.com:443/200<6digi masked here>/principal/ is not a location that supports this request.

I'm not sure about the Exchange error as I do not use that regularly with iCal, but the iCloud error is almost definitely due to the change I mentioned. Old calendars (created before Lion) allow both Events and Reminders, but newly created ones are either marked as 'EventContainer' or 'TaskContainer' and will not allow the other type of entry.

Best wishes

John M

iCal error when drag reminder to calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.