Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod touch will not sync music

I have my ipod touch 4g plugged in by usb to the computer.

It does detect it, but when I press Sync, it will update everything including transferring purchases.

It will transfer Music purchases, but not the other way around.

iTunes will not put music in its library into the ipod. (shows up in itunes library but not on ipod)

The notification bar thing at the top will say Syncing "ipod" and then determines which apps and music to sync.

BUT IT WILL NOT ADD THE NEW SONGS.

Another note is that the bar that shows the storage of the ipod: Audio 6.6 gb

i press sync --> Audio 7.5 gb --> (wait for a minute) --> somehow reverts back to Audio 6.6gb (see pics below)

The notification bar will revert back to an Apple logo and doesnt do anything.

I tried many things: reinstalling iTunes, hard reset of ipod, etc. (except restore, which i will not do since it wont sync music)

I have all the latest updates to all my stuff.

Anyone got any ideas how to fix this?

PICTURES:

before sync

User uploaded file

upon pressing sync

User uploaded file

after syncing

User uploaded file

iPod touch, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Mar 4, 2012 10:59 PM

7 replies

Mar 4, 2012 11:22 PM in response to spyguts97

If you already tried Reset the orrect way, you may not have a choice but to do a Restore. Just make sure everything on the iPod is already transferred to the computer.

Try to Reset your device:

Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears (ignore the Slide to Power Off option that shows up first).

Mar 4, 2012 11:30 PM in response to Rysz

I'll try Restore but I was doing some testing and this issue only affects PURCHASED MUSIC FROM ITUNES.

I deleted a song from both ipod and itunes and readded it through "Add a file to iTunes..." and it worked for music that I get from CDs and internet but NOT THE ONES ON ITUNES.

^ just a good note to put down and yes i'll try a restore when i have time.

iPod touch will not sync music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.