Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

[PLEASE HELP!] Problems with iPod Classic 160GB.

Okay, I was about to sync my iPod Classic 160GB and go to bed. I plugged it in and everything was good. I am not sure if it was syncing yet, but it fell off the cord because my HP laptop moved. I wasn't worried at the time, The apple screen came up so I pressed Middle Button+Menu to reset it, then I plugged it back in. When I plugged it back in it said I had to format the drive in G.. The screen of the iPod said Connected Eject before disconnecting and had the circle arrows like when it is loading. It seems to be working fine when I unplug it.

But anyways, When I unplugged it a second time (I did click Disconnect in the toolbar on the actual device, not in iTunes) it didn't work again, and it brought up the grey apple screen again, then went to the language. so I plugged it back in. Then I said OK to the reformat. I clicked Default settings to the format and left the Volume Label blank because I don't know what that is...

It said WARNING: Formatting your iPod will delete all files on it, or something along the lines of that. so, I said okay, I'll just resync it, just get on the reformat. When I clicked format it said that it couldn't format my iPod... So, once again, I disconnected it, ejecting from the actual device in the toolbar, and it was absolutely cleared asking me for the Language. It keeps doing this every time I plug it in, and even when I switch USB slots. it wont read into my iTunes either.

I am really sad, and please answer because my iPod is basically my life, this is my worst nightmare come true.

PLEASE ANSWER QUICK, Thanks...

-Fess

iPod classic, Windows 7, older iPod Classic.

Posted on Mar 4, 2012 11:15 PM

1 reply

[PLEASE HELP!] Problems with iPod Classic 160GB.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.