Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Me.com address suddenly not working with Entourage or Outlook 2011?

Starting yesterday, my Entourage (which I've used for a couple of years now without serious problems) stopped receiving my me.com mail. I tried Outlook 2011 and it's not working either. Gmail is still downloading fine/normally. But for my main me.com address, I'm getting "Mail could not be received at this time. The server for account "ME" returned the error "Authentication failed. Your username/password or security settings may be incorrect.Would you like to try re-entering your password?" When I re-enter my password (which is correct - checking my mail on icloud.com works,) I get the same error.

Can't for the life of me figure out how to remedy this. Any ideas?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Mar 4, 2012 11:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2012 12:52 AM

Delete the account and set it up again, using the new iCloud server settings here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4864

Also see: Microsoft Outlook for Mac 2011 compatibility with Apple iCloud

4 replies

Nov 19, 2015 2:07 AM in response to atuconamor

i had the same problem and found that both Apple and Microsoft Technical Help chat lines of no assistance what so ever. Both said it was the others problem and it was even suggested by Microsoft assistant that apple'a iCloud was no longer compatible with outlook and that their was no solution. After reading all the comments here I decided to try them all but first I decided to turn off Apple's 2 stage verification. That solved the problem. So the solution is easy - if you want to access your me account on outlook just turn off apples 2 stage verification.

Me.com address suddenly not working with Entourage or Outlook 2011?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.