Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Batch Changing Captions and Keywords, I'm having trouble changing a batch of image captions and keywords, any advice on this please?

I cannot seem to to batch change captions and keywords, although I may have ctacked the keywords but not the captions.

I select a group of images, go to batch change and then to caption however this will not apply to the images selected, any advice on this please?

Thanks

iMac

Posted on Mar 5, 2012 1:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2012 1:51 AM

Hello Dave,

make sure that the "Primary only" flag is not set:

Aperture Application Menu: Edit -> Primary Only

This flag is also accesible by the square button marked with a "1" below the Browser.

Regards

Léonie

User uploaded file

11 replies

Mar 5, 2012 5:22 AM in response to 1 Open Loop

From the User Manual:

You can select one or several of the images in the Browser to work with them or to view them in the Viewer. Aperture identifies the images you’ve selected by displaying them with a white border. When you select a group of images, the actively selected image, called the primary selection, appears with a thick white border and the rest of the selected images appear with thin white borders.

(Added)

A very short description here.

Message was edited by: Kirby Krieger

Mar 5, 2012 2:06 PM in response to Dave Angel

Hi Dave,

Oh, so you have been appending the batch change entries -that explains it.

The "Title" field can be batch changed like any other field, only you have to find and to select a suitable Metadata Preset that contains the "Title" field.

I have changed my presets so often, that I am no longer sure, if one of the standard presets contains this field, but you can easily define your own preset, containing all fields you want to edit.

In the Metadata tab of the Inspector Panel set the "Metadata View" selector to "Edit",

• In the "Metadata Views" panel click the cogwheel to add a new view and name it,
  • From the right column of the panel add the "Title" tag to the new View (this tag is located in the IPTC -> Status section of the Metadata Fields.

Then use this new preset in the "Batch Change" dialogue.

Regards

Léonie

User uploaded file

Message was edited by: leonieDF added picture, edited typos

Mar 5, 2012 3:19 PM in response to Dave Angel

Hi all,

I'd like to throw in something else on the batch change - can I batch change to add the filename to the title field? I've just created ab Aperture library and 3,700 images are missing the filename in the iptc title field. The other 3,000+ have it, so I'm not sure what step went wrong but I'd rather not delete the pics out of Aperture and start again!

If it can't be done (I can only see a way to run a naming script during 'Import' process) then can anybody recommend an external iptc editor that can do batch 'filename to title' that I could use on the master file. I could then tell Aperture to update the metadata from the master file.

Thanks

Simon B

Batch Changing Captions and Keywords, I'm having trouble changing a batch of image captions and keywords, any advice on this please?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.