Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to access iTunes Match tunes behind firewall?

Hello,

I have successfully enabled iTunes Match and can access my music from my iPhone and iPad from my home network. However, when I try to access music from my iPhone at work, nothing is downloaded from the cloud. I strongly suspect that this is due to the relevant IP port being blocked on the company firewall.

Can anyone advise which port(s) and protocols are used by iTunes Match to download music from the cloud onto the device (plus any other ports used in negotiating the transfer, etc)? I need to know this information in order to request that the relevant ports are opened.

Many thanks,

Paul

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Mar 5, 2012 4:56 AM

7 replies

Mar 5, 2012 11:21 AM in response to Michael Allbritton

Trouble is, Activity Monitor is only on MacOS and hence on the machine that uploaded the data to the cloud. The ports for uploading will probably be different to those used for downloading the content to the mobile devices. Does Apple publish this information anywhere? I can't be the first person to try to use iTunes Match from behind a corporate firewall!

Mar 6, 2012 10:51 PM in response to Michael Allbritton

Well, Apple does normally publish this kind of information - see this help article. It's a shame they haven't updated it with the information I need! Sadly, I doubt my IT folks will have the time to research the ports I need - it'll be hard enough persuading them to open up the ports, let alone find them too!

If anyone from Apple is reading this, it would be most useful if you can provide the port information needed to allow iTunes Match to work over wifi behind a firewall!

How to access iTunes Match tunes behind firewall?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.