Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Switching simm cards

I have an iphone 4 and I live in Japan. I was wondering how or if I can take my phone to the states and get a simm card in the states for my phone and will it work. I have done some reading on line but still a little confused at what I'm seeing. I heard about un-locking the phone or I have to jail-break it in order for it to work .....I know I don't want to jail-break it. Anyone ever try this??and did it work?

iPhone 4, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Mar 5, 2012 5:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2012 6:02 AM

If your phone is locked to a carrier, you'll have to unlock it officially first. And only the carrier can do this.

Jailbreaking can have serious side effects.

Unauthorized modification of iOS has been a major source of instability, disruption of services, and other issues

4 replies

May 26, 2012 8:02 PM in response to Ingo2711

I just found a problem to this........some companies in Japan say that the phone can not be un-locked by them or that the phone is not locked........not sure what to believe............ I think it's justa line so that we get other phones from the company and that we dont try to move and use the phone over seas........ any ideas on this??

Switching simm cards

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.