Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why can't I email videos?

so, I take a video on my iphone and transfer it to my imac but I can't email that video from iphoto on my iMac??

***??

Message was edited by Host

iMac, iOS 5.0.1, lion upgrade, iphoto&video upgrade

Posted on Mar 5, 2012 8:03 AM

5 replies

Apr 15, 2014 1:50 PM in response to spanfree

Just export the video out of iPhoto via the File ➙ Export ➙ File Export menu option with Kind = Original. Then you can add it to an email (if small enought) or upload to wherever you need to.

Remember that many email servers have a 10 or 20 MB file limit so large emails may not go thru. Another method of sharing large videos is Dropbox.

OT

Mar 5, 2012 8:36 AM in response to tomsimmonds

You can email videos if you want. Just export them from iphoto to the Finder and attach them from there.

However, as video files vary from quite large to enormous, they are not suitable for email. Large files can cause considerable problems on the receivers end.

A more friendly way is to upload the video to a sharing site and send a link. That way the person can decide for themselves when - and if - they want to download it.

Apr 15, 2014 1:39 PM in response to Yer_Man

I have the same problem. I have just bought the latest imac to replace my windows desktop. The desktop is a lovely bit of kit unlike MS based machines it just works. However, I used to be able to email photos from my MS machine or upload them to Google+ via Picasa and share them. The imac will not allow either. As an alternative I can share the video clip with my ipad and ipad photos allows me to taylor the video clip and email it! WHAT is going on, where is the continuity?

Apr 16, 2014 1:16 PM in response to Old Toad

Thank you Old Toad that worked. As I said I have only bought the imac a few days ago and have not used a mac for years but was expecting iPhoto to work like Photo on my iPad where you can share a video clip via email without having to export. I have also found a version of Picasa for iMac on the Google site but it is not available from the App Store. I was trying only to use Apps from the Apps Store. I am used to MS machines and concerned about the vunerability of viruses with non endorsed SW. Probably being a bit overcautious?

why can't I email videos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.