Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how much does apple store charge for unlock iphone by online

iPhone 4, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Mar 5, 2012 10:25 AM

7 replies

Oct 11, 2017 7:25 PM in response to TheFirstMatrix

While it is very possible that the OP was misunderstood, the thread was started 5-years ago in 2012. The OP never returned to the thread to verify the information provided, or provide additional explanation. Your statement about subsidized phones is no longer pertinent, since most providers here in the US have stopped selling subsidized phones, so you no longer agree to contracts with subsidized phones. You pay the same price as you do with phones purchased from Apple or an authorized Apple reseller. The use of incapable is a little strong don't you think, considering the syntax of the OP's question was not written in plain English, so it was interpreted as written, to imply the OP was looking for Apple to unlock a phone with an online request.

Oct 11, 2017 7:19 PM in response to stevenyan

I feel that everybody misunderstood your question. i don’t yet see how to go online in the apple store to order an unlocked iPhone but you can pay the full price for an unlocked iPhone in just about every country when they become available. I did so for the first iPhone when I was in Kuwait and I did so in the apple store in the USA for the 4S. Too many Americans are tricked into thinking they have to pay for a 2 year contact with service included and an iPhone of their choice will cost a couple or a few hundred dollars. if those Americans add the cost of the iPhone plus the 2 year contract they will notice just how much money they were tricked into paying for a ”Locked,” iphone really cost them. The actual price of buying an unlocked iPhone ranges according to the installed memory (fixed) and and the model year it became available. Which is usually about $650/750/850 and climbing this year to about 1000 and higher. This explains why they are incapable of even understanding your question.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.