Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reactivate Console's "Automatically Send Anonymous Diagnostic and Usage Data to Apple"

I accidentally unchecked "Automatically Send Anonymous Diagnostic and Usage Data to Apple" on Console Preferences and immediately after that, this option grayed out, don't understand why. For me it's ok to send that information, I understand it helps to improve Apple's software performance and future software updates.

Could you please help me to reactivate this automatically?

MacBook (13-inch Mid 2010), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 5, 2012 10:56 AM

20 replies

Mar 5, 2012 12:17 PM in response to Cauac

As I am writing this I don't see a way to reenable that checkbox (I'll keep searching). FWIW the Console help says the following about that checkbox:

If you deselect “Automatically send diagnostic and usage data to Apple”, you will no longer see the option. When you encounter one of the events described earlier, you’ll see the message asking if you want to send diagnostic information to Apple.

So unless I can find a way to reset it (haven't looked at plists yet or did any real research) it appears to be a one way switch. Once thrown, it's off, period.

Just found this which only repeats what Console Help says:

Mac OS X v10.6.3: Diagnostic and usage data collection

Sep 22, 2012 7:15 AM in response to X423424X

You seem to be right, X423424X, although it's quite weird that one cannot re-activate such option (as you can do on Lion, as b j t showed)… I cannot even imagine a good reason for so.

I looked but there's not any Console plist on Preferences folder for reset it. Still hope there is a way.

Thanks, anyway

Reactivate Console's "Automatically Send Anonymous Diagnostic and Usage Data to Apple"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.