Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is a macbook pro waterproof?

I have spilled water on my macbook pro keyboard. I immediatley wiped away the water close the laptop and removed the power. I then turned it upside down on top of towels. But then a read it should be tilt to the side which I also did and also used a blow dryer to dry it a bit. What else can I do I'm really woried I spent so much money on it and I really need it I am an architecture student. Help please

MacBook Pro (17-inch Mid 2010), Intel core i7

Posted on Mar 5, 2012 11:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2012 12:25 PM

Also worth mentioning that water damage is not covered and automatically voids the warranty. Yes, it is a cruel world.

What I have used with dunked cellphones and handsfree earpieces is placing them dry rice straight out of the box. Same effect can be achieved if you can procure adequate quantities of silica gel pellets or similar desiccant. The idea is to place the device surrounded by the desiccant in a sealed container and let it absorb the moisture.

Probably quicker to take it to the repair shop.

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2012 12:25 PM in response to arc76

Also worth mentioning that water damage is not covered and automatically voids the warranty. Yes, it is a cruel world.

What I have used with dunked cellphones and handsfree earpieces is placing them dry rice straight out of the box. Same effect can be achieved if you can procure adequate quantities of silica gel pellets or similar desiccant. The idea is to place the device surrounded by the desiccant in a sealed container and let it absorb the moisture.

Probably quicker to take it to the repair shop.

Mar 5, 2012 11:58 AM in response to arc76

MacBook Pros are not water proof, they are as susceptible to water damage as any piece of electronic gear. While you may survive without damage it would be best to take it to an Apple genius bar or authorized repair service and have it opened and checked out for corrosion or any problems the water may have created. Sooner to do that is better than waiting for a problem to appear.

Mar 5, 2012 1:45 PM in response to arc76

I try to open it as I was very curious if it still works it doesnt seem to have any problems keyboard buttons are working just fine, mouse pad is working just fine even the keyboard lights are working. But as I am still worried about it I closed it again and will open it tomorrow.

Thank for your replies!

Is a macbook pro waterproof?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.