Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The operation couldn’t be completed. (DSPPublishing error -29.)

Has anyone had this happen when they are trying to burn a DVD?

I just have a series of photos with faded transitions (23.mb) burining it to a dvd so it loops.

I keep getting this error.

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks.

Final Cut Pro X, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Mar 5, 2012 1:50 PM

7 replies

Mar 7, 2012 1:23 PM in response to brothercrothers

This just recently started and is happening repeatedly.

When I have edited a short movie, and I want to burn it to DVD, I go to share, then DVD, the share monitor comes up and it gets to 95% completed and then I get the, "

The disk is not written and remains blank but I get this error code every time I select share, then dvd.

As a work around, I have been exporting the media, creating an .mov file then dropping it in to iDVD to burn.

Appreciate any assistance.

B.

Apr 27, 2013 11:46 AM in response to Paul Cuciti

This just happened to me as well (The operation couldn’t be completed. (DSPPublishing error -29.))

You say you need more info then that, but the system gives no more info...Do you work for Apple or are you just a Joe like the rest of us?

I have burned many DVDs out of FCPX this same way, (using the share menu) with photos and music, you know a slide show...

Dose Apple even read this area, or is this just Users?

Brian

Just found the answer...

at http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4522?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

the photo is missing that is set for the DVD menu. ( in my case a leftover from the last job )...

Message was edited by: BTQuestMedia

Apr 28, 2013 6:16 AM in response to BTQuestMedia

Just to point out that you're asking your questions in a thread that's 8 months old.

This is a user-to-user forum. Whether anyone from Apple pays attention to what's posted here is debatable. What they do pay attention to is the Feedback site, which can be accessed via the FCP menu.

To your error message: many of us have found that simply resetting the background in the menu will fix the job action problem. In the export dialogue window, hit apply and when it opens the save window, hit cancel. Others have found that the hangs are related to having large images in the menu and that reducing the size clears things up.

hth

Russ

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.