Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

menu bar invisible

I have been troubleshooting a problem now for months.

When I bring up iTunes (64-bit) the menu bar is invisible. If I hover over the area I can select the items.

I also cannot type anything in the search/find box (while in "Music")

I have tried bring up the PC in Safe mode to eliminate my video card, but it doesn't change anything.

Windows 7

Posted on Mar 5, 2012 2:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2012 2:03 PM

When I bring up iTunes (64-bit) the menu bar is invisible. If I hover over the area I can select the items.

The missing menus at the top of iTunes (in recent versions) can indicate trouble with the Segoe UI fonts on your system. It's a new symptom of a problem that can also cause text to go missing from the Device tab in iTunes.

Unfortunately it's a bit trickier to deal with on Windows 7 systems than Vista or XP. (The "Vortical" instructions which can fix it for almost all folks on Vista and XP aren't applicable to Windows 7.)

Try having a look through the following (unfortunately very long) topic. It contains a lot of information on the Windows 7 variants of this, and possible methods for fixing the various Segoe UI-related issues that might be in play:

iTunes 10.1 Missing Text

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2012 2:03 PM in response to itunesTRK

The missing menus at the top of iTunes (in recent versions) can indicate trouble with the Segoe UI fonts on your system. It's a new symptom of a problem that can also cause text to go missing from the Device tab in iTunes.

Unfortunately it's a bit trickier to deal with on Windows 7 systems than Vista or XP. (The "Vortical" instructions which can fix it for almost all folks on Vista and XP aren't applicable to Windows 7.)

Try having a look through the following (unfortunately very long) topic. It contains a lot of information on the Windows 7 variants of this, and possible methods for fixing the various Segoe UI-related issues that might be in play:

iTunes 10.1 Missing Text

Mar 7, 2012 1:45 PM in response to b noir

Thanks very much. Interesting how such a simple problem has such an evasive solution.

After going through about 3 pages of this thread it became apparent that fonts were a good place to look.

I am running Win 7 x64 and the Segoe fonts did not show at all, yet if I used Windows Explorer and went to c:\windows\fonts there was the whole set of them.

I simply double-clicked the first in each group (there are several variants, like bold, italic, etc.) and this brought up a font viewer with the option to Install, which I did. (If you by mistake try one that's already installed it will tell you and allow you to cancel)

Once I intalled the whole set (segoe*.*) everything now works in iTunes, including being able to type in the search box.

Thanks again

...tom

Jan 29, 2013 4:15 AM in response to itunesTRK

I had to copy the segoe*.ttf files from my fonts folder into a temp folder, then reinstall each one. Even though Windows 7 said each one was already installed and prompted me to overwrite them, once I had done this, iTunes was back working. I had uninstalled / reinstalled iTunes prior to that with no luck. Thanks so much for the solution..

menu bar invisible

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.