Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stickies: changing line spacing?

The line spacing in a Stickies Note changes sometimes after pasting text from another application. The text that was pasted doesn't have the line spacing of any text that was already there, and subsequent text has the new line spacing.

"Copy Style" followed by "Paste Style" copy everything except line spacing, and so they cannot be used to correct this problem.

There is no option on any of Stickies' menus to change the line spacing.

The only thing that can be done seems to be to copy the text of the Stickies Note and paste it into TextEdit, then copy the text in TextEdit and paste it into the Stickies Note, upon which the line spacing in the Note becomes uniform.

Is there a way to change the line spacing of existing text in an existing Stickies Note?

Thank you.

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 5, 2012 2:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2012 8:37 AM

Here's what has worked for me. Took me a long time to find this. Stickies 'help' is no help at all.

First, select the text you want to change, then, control click to bring up the contextual/pop-up menu

and scroll to font > styles... Click "apply" if you see a style with single spacing (Spacing 0.0x). You can search through the various syles: Document Styles or Favorite Styles. I usually select Favorite Styles and then "default" then "apply".

There are sometimes (depending on the note) multiple styles in a note that was pasted from another application. This particular menu has other useful things in it as well, such as formatting a list.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2012 8:37 AM in response to Eidschun

Here's what has worked for me. Took me a long time to find this. Stickies 'help' is no help at all.

First, select the text you want to change, then, control click to bring up the contextual/pop-up menu

and scroll to font > styles... Click "apply" if you see a style with single spacing (Spacing 0.0x). You can search through the various syles: Document Styles or Favorite Styles. I usually select Favorite Styles and then "default" then "apply".

There are sometimes (depending on the note) multiple styles in a note that was pasted from another application. This particular menu has other useful things in it as well, such as formatting a list.

Jan 22, 2013 3:23 AM in response to Eidschun

First, select the text you want to change, then, control click to bring up thecontextual/pop-up menu

Any different colours or different enboldened/italicized/underlined sections would probably have to be redone (well, you could create various styles and do as above many times over, but selecting all the text with ⌘+a, resetting the style, then changing the small parts is probably quicker...)

Stickies: changing line spacing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.