Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help deleting bookmarks from within the bookmark toolbar

can someone please help me? I'm trying to delete a bookmark from within the bookmark menu (i don't want to have to go into the bookmark editor) in firefox or other browsers it was just a matter or right clicking (in windows) the bookmark and then selecting delete,

im just new to Mac's and this is the only thing i cant get working. ive always been a windows guy and so far im totally loving my airbook, and safari, so really dont want to have to go back to using firefox as there must be a way round this or im doing something wrong, please help.

thanks

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.3), Safari 5.1.3

Posted on Mar 5, 2012 3:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2012 3:38 PM

You're not doing anything wrong. You can't delete bookmarks that way.

5 replies

Mar 5, 2012 3:39 PM in response to clugstp

from reading the many posts on this subject i get the impression that most people just go into the bookmark manager, by clicking the open book icon on the browser bar, and although this does work, i would have thought an option to delete from the menu whilst remaining on a website would have been beneficial? please help me - this is driving me daft lol

Mar 5, 2012 3:41 PM in response to Linc Davis

Hi Linc,

thanks for the quick reply, but i saw on a apple site that it says you can, ??? i was starting to think this may be the case until i noticed this...

http://www.apple.com/safari/features.html#bookmarks

see the section copied below -

Drag-and-Drop Bookmark Creation and Deletion

Safari lets you create and delete bookmarks with a simple drag and drop. When you find a site you like, create a new bookmark by dragging the site’s icon into the bookmarks bar. If you no longer use a bookmark, drag it out of the bookmarks bar and it disappears in a puff of smoke.

Help deleting bookmarks from within the bookmark toolbar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.