Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why does itunes keep not responding?

Every time I try to open my itunes it freezes. I have reinstalled it a few different times, trying to fix it but now I am so frustrated I wana throw it all out the window!! LOL! Any time in the past that I somehow got it to work for a few min, when I tried to sign out of the itunes store it would freeze again and I can't get it to work any more. I have windows 7 64 bit. I have the latest version of itunes. I just don't understand why it is not responding.

Windows 7

Posted on Mar 5, 2012 3:53 PM

5 replies

Mar 5, 2012 4:34 PM in response to kshivar

Try following steps and test one at a time:

1. Restart computer, right mouse click iTunes icon and select "Run As Administrator"

2. If that does not work, check to see if this file APSDaemon.exe is the problem here.

Close your iTunes.

Press Ctrl-Alt-Del key and choose Task Manager. In the "Processes" Tab, select the file APSDaemon.exe and click End Prosses button, then close the task manager window.

Now open itunes and see if it is working?

If that works, to prevent having to do the same process everytime you restart Windows, go to. START button, type in

MSCONFIG

Hit ENTER

Click STARTUP Tab, Uncheck "Apple Push", click OK.

Restart Windows.

3. If that fails or you don't see ApsDaemon.exe in the Processes, refer to following article to remove SC files:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2363

4. If that fails, repair or reinstall your Quicktime. START / CONTROL PANEL / PROGRAMS N FEATURES / hightlight QUICKTIME and click REPAIR.

Jul 11, 2016 1:54 PM in response to kshivar

Hi kshivar

I had same issue, please follow below steps:

1. Uninstall all apple products/SW from your system

a. iTunes

b. Apple Application Support (32 bit)

c. Apple Application Support (54 bit)

d. Apple Mobile Device Support

e. Apple Software update

f. Bonjour

e. QuickTime

2. Use Ccleaner and clean cache file and clean registry

3. Download and install now.

It works for me.

Thanks

-Jiggi

why does itunes keep not responding?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.