Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic 3rd Party AU problems

Something must've happened when I reincarnated my computer from the GPU problems and the Leopard Crash. I rebooted, reinstalled Lion externally. I used my Time Machine to reinstall all the apps. I have even done utility repair and fixed all the directory issues.

However I still have problems.

So I have these AU .component files and their VST versions installed on my mac. The AU works in the 32 Bit mode, but lack the ability to work in the 64 Bit mode. I know that the plug ins worked in the 64 Bit mode before on the last configuration.

I really am puzzled. Any help? Should I repair and reinstall Logic and Mainstage? Will that fix something?

I'll give more details if necessary, but this seems to be a common problem, but none of the suggested solutions seemed to work and I want a reinstall to be the last option.

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2010), Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Mar 5, 2012 6:20 PM

2 replies

Mar 19, 2012 6:47 AM in response to leoleez

While reinstalls are usually viewed as the last resort, I've found they often solve the problems the quickest and with the least amount of effort. Also, the reinstall process usually doesn't take as long from my experience. It shouldn't need to reinstall the Loops library & audio content if that's what you're concerned about, it should only reinstall the actual programs.

However, it's possible that when you reinstalled everything from your Time Machine backup that there's a conflict with the preference file in your Library directory. Here's the location of the preference file:

username > Library > Preferences > com.apple.logic.pro.plist

You can either move this file to the desktop or delete it entirely to get rid of it, then launch Logic Pro again and reconfig everything.

Logic 3rd Party AU problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.