Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Get back Restored data!

I deleted a contact on my phone after I backed up all my information on my computer. The last backup was before I deleted the contact so it was still retreiveable. I wanted to recover it, so I restored the backup on itunes and retrieved the number I had previously deleted. Problem is, it synced all my old stuff and deleted all my new data/pictures/videos I had after the backup! I had a video on there I desperately needed! Please help!!! I dont have I-cloud or MobileMe. Just VZ contact transfer but thats only to backup contacts! I'm not sure what else to try. At this point, I'm not so sure I can restore the previous data or settings 😟 please help!

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Mar 5, 2012 8:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2012 8:51 PM

By restoring from a backup, you have restored that data, and erased all current data.

So unfortionately, you cannot retrieve the data that was erased by restoring and older backup

1 reply

Get back Restored data!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.