Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

the iPhone cannot be synced. the device timed out

Hello, I have a new iMac 27 inch 3-4GHz Intel Core i7 8GB 1333 MHz DDR3.

Got my iMac and my new iPhone 4S at Christmas time and have had no trouble upto now with any of them. One night ago, I had trouble with my iPhone showing up at all once iTunes opened and my wifi was connected. (phoned apple care and we unpugged the rouder and reset settings... now it shows up in the devices in iTunes...but cannot sync fully over the wifi.

I cannot sync my iphone to itunes without it 'timing out'. I press 'Apply' or sync and it starts...then I get The message; the iPhone " my name's iPhone" cannot be synced. The device timed out.

Now if i plug-in to sync...everything works fine.

Is anyone else having this problem?

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

iPhone 4S, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Mar 5, 2012 8:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2012 7:24 PM

So after suffering a long and painful death....haaa! no not really. I waited about a month and in this time i visited the apple store, (and btw were EXTREMLEY helpful) and the guy told me that nothing was wrong with the iphone. he did diagnostic tests on it and the WiFi was fully operational. 🙂 yes! this was great news!

He said it had to do with my wireless rouder and that the connection from the rouder had to be increased. somehow. I tried to find out how to do this myself but only the Rogers people can increase the frequency (or change the channel) from their end.

The channel on the rouder was set to automatic and needed a stronger chanel . Something like the channel from Automatic ...to channel 1 through 11. So im set to channel 5 now. and the signal from my iphone to computer and itunes is perfect! Automatic wireless syncing is a breeze!

Yey! i investigted my problem and resolved it on my own with a bit of detective work.

🙂 hope this helps anyone out there having the same problem.

bye!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 16, 2012 7:24 PM in response to feeniebeadie

So after suffering a long and painful death....haaa! no not really. I waited about a month and in this time i visited the apple store, (and btw were EXTREMLEY helpful) and the guy told me that nothing was wrong with the iphone. he did diagnostic tests on it and the WiFi was fully operational. 🙂 yes! this was great news!

He said it had to do with my wireless rouder and that the connection from the rouder had to be increased. somehow. I tried to find out how to do this myself but only the Rogers people can increase the frequency (or change the channel) from their end.

The channel on the rouder was set to automatic and needed a stronger chanel . Something like the channel from Automatic ...to channel 1 through 11. So im set to channel 5 now. and the signal from my iphone to computer and itunes is perfect! Automatic wireless syncing is a breeze!

Yey! i investigted my problem and resolved it on my own with a bit of detective work.

🙂 hope this helps anyone out there having the same problem.

bye!

the iPhone cannot be synced. the device timed out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.