Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes app indicates "1 update available" but no update pops up in iTunes Store???

Hi,

I run a macbook pro and iPhone 4 togehter through the WiFi connection. Great that it is all now wireless. for the past week the iTunes indicate "1 app update available" for the iPhone, but then the Store indicates "there are no updates at this moment".

So my question is: how can i get rid of the wrong notification in the itunes side bar? (i.e. which usually disappear after updates have been performed)

thanks in advance

iPhone 4, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Mar 6, 2012 2:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2012 7:24 AM

Perhaps the app was purchased through a different iTunes Store account? If so, and you're not signed into that account, the app will give you a notification of an avaialble update, but will say that no updates are available, (which is technically true since it refers to that account only but is rather confusing).

Hope this helps.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2012 7:24 AM in response to Yaann

Perhaps the app was purchased through a different iTunes Store account? If so, and you're not signed into that account, the app will give you a notification of an avaialble update, but will say that no updates are available, (which is technically true since it refers to that account only but is rather confusing).

Hope this helps.

iTunes app indicates "1 update available" but no update pops up in iTunes Store???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.