Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change my Apple ID for iCloud?

Hey there,

I have a simple enough question. When I originally signed up with Apple, I was using my Gmail account, so that became my Apple ID. However, I've been slowly migrating off of Gmail as I much prefer my new Apple email address (@me.com). For a whole host of reasons, including my disapproval of Google's latest turns in general, I'd rather move completely to @me.com than stay with Gmail.

So, en bref, how do I go about changing my Apple ID? I'd rather be identified with my new and shiny (and sparkly) Apple email, @me.com, than Gmail.

Is there any way to do that?

I know I could just keep Gmail for the ID but I'd rather really just eventually wean myself off of it.

Thanks for any info.

Nat.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7), Time Machine, External Drive

Posted on Mar 6, 2012 5:31 AM

3 replies

How to change my Apple ID for iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.