Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 5: I want to manage app permissions for multiple Twitter accounts

I have two Twitter accounts, one personal and one for work. I want to use different apps to manage them to avoid accidental cross posting. However since I upgraded to iOS 5, any account I use in one app seems to then be added to all other apps too.

I have found the settings panel to allow different apps access to your Twitter credentials or not, but this only work for all Twitter accounts or none. I want to be able to use the phone-wide Twitter integration with my personal account, but I want to lock down my work account to only publish using one specific app. I have tried deleting my work account from the settings panel, and signing into my work account with a third party app, but even though Tweetbot has a button to 'Add account to iOS', apparently it automatically shares it anyway without me giving permission to do so.

This has already caused problems with third party apps using my Twitter log in and not asking which account I wanted to publish to (so it chose both) and I am not happy that apps which I have not explicitly given permission to are able to do this with my second account. Permissions should be able to be granted on an account basis. If you know of a way to do this, or a third party Twitter app which doesn't share your details with the rest of iOS, I would be very grateful, thanks.

iPhone 4, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Mar 6, 2012 7:49 AM

1 reply

Jul 25, 2012 8:31 PM in response to spugmeistress

I have both this and a slightly different question. I have multiple Twitter accounts on both my iOS5 and iOS6 (test) devices. i like to post tweets from various apps like the Wall Street Journal, etc. In my case, the built-in functionality simply seems to pick the first of my Twitter accounts in my list of accounts in the Settings panel, and post to that one. It would seem to make sense that there should be a user-selectable option for which account(s) should process a tweet, and it probably ought to be system-wide. No?

iOS 5: I want to manage app permissions for multiple Twitter accounts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.