Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sign In for store will not even open! What now?

Through the help of rkaufmann87 I was able to get my AppStore reinstalled and it will now open. However....When I click on signin, it does nothing.This is under quick links, If I click help...it does open. I don't find any answer for my problem, but it opens. I see that there are multitudes of problems with appstore so this probably isn't going to be solved soon....but I really would like to go to Lion from SL. Thank you ahead of time.

Posted on Mar 6, 2012 7:37 AM

5 replies

Mar 6, 2012 9:09 AM in response to tscacro

Hi ...

This may help > Mac App Store: Sign in sheet does not appear, or does not accept typed text

If you have anti virus software installed, disable that. Turn off the Firewall in System Preferences > Security.

As for upgrading to Lion, make sure your Mac meets Lion's requirements:

• Mac computer with an Intel Core 2 Duo, Core i3, Core i5, Core i7, or Xeon processor
  • 2GB of memory
  • OSX v10.6.6 or later (V10.6.8 recommended)
  • 7GB of available spare

From here > Apple - OS X Lion - Technical specifications

As for upgrading to Lion, very important to read here first > Lion upgrade questions: Apple Support Communities

*** And telling exactly which Mac OS X you have installed when you post would help.

Mar 6, 2012 3:54 PM in response to tscacro

Did you check out the link I posted regarding the sign in sheet does not appear etc ???

Third party apps such as LIttle Snitch or the apps mentioned at that link may be causing the problem.

BTW, you see problems posted in this category because that is what these forums are for. Consider the milliions of Mac users worldwide, less than 1% post here. Liken this a hospital for Macs.

Sign In for store will not even open! What now?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.