Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can Apple wipe a lost iPhone?

my daughter lost her iphone she has used my itunes accunt to down load to her phone are these details stored on her iphone? can the phone be wiped by apple to protect these details? i didnt load find my iphone.

iPhone 3GS, lost iphone

Posted on Mar 6, 2012 8:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2012 3:39 PM

Sorry, but if you didn't set up Find My iPhone before her iPhone went missing, there's no way to wipe nor locate it. If she had a screen lock set with the option to wipe the data after ten incorrect entries, the data should be protected (except from a knowledable users), but change your iTunes Store password and that for any other services she might have been using from the iPhone, and notify your cell carrier about the lost phone.

Regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 15, 2012 3:39 PM in response to TrixieRicky

Sorry, but if you didn't set up Find My iPhone before her iPhone went missing, there's no way to wipe nor locate it. If she had a screen lock set with the option to wipe the data after ten incorrect entries, the data should be protected (except from a knowledable users), but change your iTunes Store password and that for any other services she might have been using from the iPhone, and notify your cell carrier about the lost phone.

Regards.

Can Apple wipe a lost iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.