Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get Lion machine 10.7.2 to connect to Mobile Me? I need my calendars, etc.

I bought a new Lion IMac 10.7.2 and moved over everything it could from my 10.5.8 Imac machine by using target mode since the two migration assistants didn't want to talk to each other.. But it did not move over my addresses, calendar, mail preferences, etc. Apparently Lion 10.7.2 won't connect to Mobile Me (but 10.7.0 and 10.7.1 could). I thought I had till June to move over! I need to keep some of my machines non-Lion because we have developed a ton of software over the years that won't run under Lion. We are upgrading now but it will take a long time to redo all our Director apps. I use IDisk every day to move files from my office machine to my home machine to my laptop to my remote office. This forced march to Lion will really kill my productivity if I can't use iDisk and if I have to archive all my calendar and address files and usb stick them over. I spent an hour and a half with customer service on the phone but he couldn't help me. I asked him point blank "I can see easily all the things I'm losing by going from MobileMe to ICloud. What am I gaining new that I didn't have before?". His answer: "just that it's free". He added "I can suggest some third-party paid solutions for you". He was nice but it didn't solve my problem. Already my iPhone and my iPad are no longer syncing with my Tiger and Snow Leopard machines - I guess they have left me behind. My iPhone shows an old calendar and old address book and my iPad 2's calendar and address book, like my new Imac, is empty. I've never known Apple to be so inconsiderate of their users that for some reason or another can not upgrade. (oh yeah, when you start up your new machine and it asks you if you want to transfer, do it THEN. Even though it says you can transfer later, it didn't want to do it without creating a new user and then we had to move everything over manually, fix permissions, HORRIBLE!) I've now wasted 8 hours on this migration and I give up. I'm still going to use my 10.5.8 and 10.6.8 machines untill I'm forced to abandon iDisk. Forcing you to change ALL your machines to Lion is not reasonable when you have some older, but still very capabile, machines that just can't handle the overhead. Anyone else manage to solve this problem? (Maybe my trouble is that I wanted to change the short_name on my new machine from a different short_name on my old machine?)

Posted on Mar 6, 2012 8:40 AM

There are no replies.

How do I get Lion machine 10.7.2 to connect to Mobile Me? I need my calendars, etc.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.