Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The tweet "..." cannot be sent because the connection to Twitter failed

I've been attempting to use the built in twitter functionality to post photos, however the title error message keeps popping up! I have deleted the account setings from the phone and reinstalled Twitter as suggested on the Twitter support blog for some iPhone issues - but still no luck.

I can add the account and verify it under 'Settings -> Twitter' and use any other Twitter apps without an issue, just I can't tweet from iOS!

Has anyone else had this issue?

iPhone 4, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Mar 6, 2012 9:04 AM

8 replies

Nov 10, 2013 7:02 AM in response to Ethy

I just purchased the iPad Air and I'm having the same problem. This is not an issue on my old iPad 3. Since getting the Air I cannot share articles on the AP, USA Today, or YouTube Apps on the Air. I get the "Cannot be sent because the connection to Twitter failed". Seems like others are having the same problem but I have seen a posting with a resolution.

May 20, 2014 9:15 AM in response to Ethy

My Tweets are posting properly from my IPAD Air, however, I get the error message referenced above when trying to do the same exact action from my Iphone 5S. I try to send the Tweet and it says: Cannot Send Tweet - The tweet "article name" cannot be sent because the connection to Twitter failed. But when I take the same exact action from my IPAD Air, the tweet posts properly to Twitter. Any recommended fixes here?

The tweet "..." cannot be sent because the connection to Twitter failed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.