Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Language of invitations

My iMac is set up to use UK English. iCal does everything in English, but if I send invitations from iCal to others, they receive these in Spanish (my time zone is set to Madrid in Spain, as I live in that country). How can iCal be made to send invitations in a different language?

iMac 27, Mac OS X (10.7.2), iPad WiFi 32GB

Posted on Mar 6, 2012 10:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2012 7:36 PM

Greetings David,

The two places on the computer that I can think of that would impact the invitation language would be:

Apple > System Preferences > Language & Text > Language -- English should be at the top of the list as this is where the computer (including iCal) determines it's language.

Apple > System Preferences > Language & Text > Region --- This shouldn't affect it, but if this were set to a non-english speaking locale it would be work checking.

Finally if you are using iCloud, make sure your AppleID is set to the correct language by logging in to appleid.apple.com and clicking on "Language and Contact Preferences".

Hope that helps.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2012 7:36 PM in response to David Neale1

Greetings David,

The two places on the computer that I can think of that would impact the invitation language would be:

Apple > System Preferences > Language & Text > Language -- English should be at the top of the list as this is where the computer (including iCal) determines it's language.

Apple > System Preferences > Language & Text > Region --- This shouldn't affect it, but if this were set to a non-english speaking locale it would be work checking.

Finally if you are using iCloud, make sure your AppleID is set to the correct language by logging in to appleid.apple.com and clicking on "Language and Contact Preferences".

Hope that helps.

Mar 9, 2012 2:19 AM in response to MadisonP

Madison, my language is set to British English. Region is set to Custom, as I need correct date format in UK English together with euro (United Kingdom goes to the pound).

appleid.apple.com might well be the answer. This was set to Spanish (I assume Apple sets this automatically, based on IP address), so I have changed it to English and sent off a test appointment to someone else.

Mar 27, 2012 12:38 AM in response to MadisonP

Madison, Bonjour !

We have the same pb here.

My apple ID is in Switzerland, (we have 3 national languages-German, French and Italian).

I have set my language to French (in PrefSyst and on ICloud) (I tried English as well), but invitations are still made in German !!

Any Help ???

Thanks,

Odile.

Language of invitations

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.