Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Canon printer keeps going offline. 15 macs on a comcast business class network. Any ideas how to fix this.

I have just installed a new canon MF5850np printer on our network. All macs are 10.5 and up. We use dhcp through comcast business class. I installed the driver on theses macs and all printed just fine. After about an hour or so they could no longer print and could not even connect to the printer. If I restart the printer and open the que and unpause from the mac once again I can print. I tried turning off energy saver and I tried making the assigned IP address (of the printer) static but problem persists. Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is not an efficient way of printing documents in an office enironment.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Mar 6, 2012 11:02 AM

There are no replies.

Canon printer keeps going offline. 15 macs on a comcast business class network. Any ideas how to fix this.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.