Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help with Mobileme, iCloud, iPad, iPhone and MS Outlook 2010

Hello,

WHAT I HAVE NOW

I'm in a bit of mess and don't want to proceed until I can get some answers. I have an iPad, iPhone and a PC (Windows 7). I have a mobileme account also. I also have iCloud Control Panel installed on my PC and recently bought MS Outlook 2010 to migrate from mobileme to iCloud and get this whole synching thing under control. Everything has been updated to the latest versions for iCloud.

I have an att.net email account (ran by Yahoo Pop3), live.com account, hotmail account, gmail account, mobileme account. I have contacts in my most of these email accounts but there are many duplicates and info needs to be updated. With iCloud and mobileme running, I have numerous calendars and can't get any of them synched.

WHAT I WANT

I would like to migrate from mobileme to iCloud and use the iCloud Control Panel and MS Outlook 2010 to synch my mail, contacts and calendars from my PC, iPhone 4s and iPad (version). I only want ONE calendar and ONE contact list. Can there be a MASTER contact list within Outlook 2010 instead of all of these contacts from various email accounts? If so, would I create a master contact list within Outlook 2010 and then go to the various web email programs and delete their contacts? How to I get these calendars under control with one Home calendar?

WHAT I HAVE DONE SO FAR

I started to migrate from mobileme to iCloud but stopped to install MS Outlook 2010 first. I installed MS Outlook 2010 and got all of my email accounts imported even having to manually move the att.net (Yahoo Pop3) messages because the folders and emails within would not transfer from Windows Live Email to Outlook. Currently having problems trying to get the contacts unduplicated and corrected but when I save a newly corrected contact, it disappears. Are these contacts synching as I insert them and then disappearing? Should I go offline to create correct this contact list? What will happen when I add iCloud to the mix? Will I have to go back and correct all duplicates again? Can someone provide the order of these steps to take the least amount of time?

I know this is a lot but it's fairly complicated to me and I also have another person in my house that has a PC, iPad and iPhone for whom I have to do the same thing. Trying to not waste time and do this the right way first. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted on Mar 6, 2012 4:34 PM

5 replies

Mar 6, 2012 5:23 PM in response to Nezahaulpili

iCloud gives you an additional email address, with a .me extension, it has nothing to do with any other providers email, It will also create a new and separate account in Outlook, for Mail, Contacts and Calendars, these will not be the defaults in Outlook and they will NOT integrate with Outlook's local calendars, they will be separate.

Mar 6, 2012 7:58 PM in response to Csound1

I understand the part about iCloud adding a new account in Outlook but when you say they will not integrate with Outlooks local calendars are you implying they will not synch? The whole point of buying Outlook was to add synching capabilities to Mail, Calendar and Contacts between Outlook in my PC and my iPhone and iPad. I think I need another response or something from someone else but thank you for trying.

Mar 7, 2012 1:44 AM in response to Nezahaulpili

I backed up everything and finally took the leap to migrate from mobileme to iCloud. With a few glitches all seems to be working except that iCloud did not grab the updated and current Contact list from MS Outlook 2010 and seems to have an outdated contact list with only half the number of contacts.

Can someone help me get iCloud to grab the correct contact list out of MS Outlook 2010 so that it can be distributed to my iPad and iPhone also? Thanks!

Help with Mobileme, iCloud, iPad, iPhone and MS Outlook 2010

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.