Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPlay for iPhone 4 is working but not giving me the mirroring option

I have been installing apple tv's in a local elementary school and sync them up to their iPads. Some of them come up fine and work instantly w turning on the mirroring option. But a few of them the mirroring option comes up but does not allow me to select to turn it off and on. I brought one home to mess with it to try to figure it out better but I ran into the same issue w my iPhone 4. The apple tv shows up in the mirror selection but does not give me the option to turn it on or off. Would like some help with this if possible. Thank you for your time.

Apple TV, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Mar 6, 2012 5:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2012 7:10 PM

iPhone 4 does not have the capacity to mirror. That is only available on iPhone 4S and iPad 2

3 replies

Mar 6, 2012 7:49 PM in response to vazandrew

I was just trying to see if I could use my iPhone if the teachers did not have their iPad 2 in claas that day. But sometimes I am unable to get the mirroring option to come up on the iPad 2's. The little screen will come up but when I press the apple tv for certain rooms it does not give me the option to turn mirroring on.

AirPlay for iPhone 4 is working but not giving me the mirroring option

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.