Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't get my Apple TV to mirror my iPad

I have followed the instructions, but I can't find the icon on the bottom of my Ipad which will allow me to mirror. Both the Ipad and Apple TV are on the same network.

Apple TV (2nd generation), iOS 5.0.1, I can't get it to mirror

Posted on Mar 6, 2012 6:53 PM

9 replies

Mar 13, 2012 3:00 PM in response to DMKDON

First, make sure both the Apple TV and the iPad are on the same wireless network.

If you have a guest network set up on your wifi, if either the ATV or iPad are connected to that, no sharing is allowed through a guest network. So make sure you're connected to your main network.

On the iPad, under Settings > General > turn off Bluetooth. Then toggle wifi off and then on, or power your iPad off and then on.

If it still doesn't show up, power your Apple TV and wireless router off for a couple of minutes and then back on.

If still no icon, check if your router has a built- in firewall, and turn it off or change it to minimum security. If you're not sure how to do that, ask the router manufacturer or your internet service provider if they supplied it to you.

Lastly, it may be a port issue on the router. Article HT2463 states the ports used by Apple TV and Airplay/Home Sharing. You may need to ask the same internet service provider or wireless router manufacturer how to open these ports.

Hope this helps.

Apr 6, 2012 1:47 PM in response to ttfnqt

ttfnqt

Currently Being Moderated

Re: apple tv and air port?

Apr 6, 2012 11:17 AM (in response to Winston Churchill)

Network person here.... the apple tv box, wireless router and my laptop ( on same wireless network ) are all connected. The Apple TV and my Laptop both getting ip from wireless router thru DHCP and both showing the same network mask of 192.168.0. .129 for apple tv and .130 for Laptop... sub 255/24 with a Gateway of 192.168.0.254, but, I can't ping apple tv from laptop? No ports are blocked and my firewall/antiv on laptop are both off. Wondering, Sue has an apple router at home and this unit works there. When we hardwire the apple tv into the wireless router here it connects and pings just fine, Only difference left is the Wireless mode could be different on a Netgear and and Apple router. Currently we are using 2.4GHZ band 11ng. Is this compatible with the Apple TV?

• Like (0)

May 15, 2012 11:12 PM in response to vazandrew

User uploaded file User uploaded file Level 5 (6,510 points)

Currently Being Moderated

HT3180 Re: I can't get my Apple TV to mirror my iPad

06/03/2012 7:04 PM (in response to DMKDON)

Is this an iPad 1 or 2? Only the 2nd one can mirror. Check that your ATV is up to date (4.4.4) and enabled for airplay. Double tap home button, swipe (left to right motion) and bring up the volume/brightness controls along with airplay. Select ATV and toggle on mirroring.

can you help
i can get the airplay button and apple ipad and apple tv but miiror word or slide button does not show
what is the cause of this i am a old bloke but surely this should not present so abig problem has apple made this hard if so it is a mistake on their behalf can some body help i have a netcom wireles router 3g ipad 2gen apple tv 2 gen a sqaure black shape alll be updated dsame as ipad 5.1

I can't get my Apple TV to mirror my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.