Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why did a Mobile Me email account randomly appear on my iPhone, alongside my iCloud email account?

And furthermore, why does it always have a phantom unread email? I can't make it go away.

iPhone 4, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Mar 6, 2012 7:52 PM

2 replies

Feb 12, 2016 5:14 AM in response to davidlane1947

The original post was made almost four years ago, before MobileMe was terminated in July of that year. There is now no such thing as a MobileMe account; however people who had a MobileMe account at the time and moved to iCloud have both an @icloud.com and an @me.com address with the same prefix as their primary address. The @me.com address is not a separate account: messages to it appear in the inbox alongside those to @icloud.com, so there is no point it its being set up as a separate account in the Mail app. If you are seeing something odd in the Mail app you need to explain more clearly what it is. I am assuming that you do actually have some sort of problem, rather than simply pointing out that there have been no answers to the original post which would be a redundant exercise.

Why did a Mobile Me email account randomly appear on my iPhone, alongside my iCloud email account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.