5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 7, 2012 7:56 PM by planb77
shaharz Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Hello guys, I'm new to apple products and have some questions about my new ipod nano 6-generation:

1. Can I charge the iPod nano using a power adapter that isn't made by Apple or I have to buy Apple's power adapter?

2. Can I create a playlist using the iTunes and then copy the playlist to my iPod?

3. Why I have to enter my credit card details in order to use stuff like the Genius?

4. How long can the battery holds (assuming that every time he plays music)?

5. How long should it take to charge to full battery? How do I know that charge completed?

iPod nano
  • planb77 Level 7 Level 7 (32,280 points)
    1. Can I charge the iPod nano using a power adapter that isn't made by Apple or I have to buy Apple's power adapter?

Yes, but they may not always work as expected, so I would recommend sticking with Apple branded chargers and cables.

2. Can I create a playlist using the iTunes and then copy the playlist to my iPod?

Yes. See this article for more information.

Syncing music to iPod or iPhone

3. Why I have to enter my credit card details in order to use stuff like the Genius?

No.  You only need to enter Credit Card details when setting up an iTunes account so that you can download items such as music, movies, television shows into your iTunes library.

4. How long can the battery holds (assuming that every time he plays music)?

Apple states playback time of 24 hours when listening to music, but this number depends on several other usage factors as well.  Either way, he should expect quite a few hours of listening before needing to recharge it.

5. How long should it take to charge to full battery? How do I know that charge completed?

See your iPod's User Guide for more information on charging the battery.

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/iPod_nano_6thgen_User_Guide.pdf

B-rock

• shaharz Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Thanks man that helped me a lot!! but I have more questions

1. About the Genius, is there a way to use it without set an iTunes account?

2. In iTunes there is option "Enable disk use", what this option does?

3. In the capicity bar (on iTunes) I see that 0.12GB is marked as Other, what is that other? system files? info about songs? what?

Many of these questions are answered in the iPod's User Guide I linked above.

1. About the Genius, is there a way to use it without set an iTunes account?

No.

2. In iTunes there is option "Enable disk use", what this option does?

It allows you to use your iPod as an external hard disk/flash drive. See here for more information.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1478

3. In the capicity bar (on iTunes) I see that 0.12GB is marked as Other, what is that other? system files? info about songs? what?

The other category represents files that cannot be categorized by iTunes. This includes such things as artwork, the iPod's software, games, etc.  Sometimes it also consists or corrupt files that are no longer recognizable by iTunes. However, 0,12 GB is about normal for your model/size iPod.

B-rock

• shaharz Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

tnx man

No problem.  Hope it helped at least a little.  

B-rock