Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No software installation possible due to signature error. How to fix it?

Hi,

after an minor update I´m not able to "install" software from dmg or package files. The app store is working fine.

It says

"InstallTeamDrive_2.4.161.pkg" wurde nicht von einem anerkannten Austeller signiert und beschädigt möglicherweise Ihren Computer. Sie sollten das Objekt in den Papierkorb werfen

My bad translation:

"InstallTeamDrive_2.4.161.pkg" was not installed by an known issuer and may damage your computer. You should throw it into the trash

With an application copied out of an installation package nearly the same occurs when I first start the application.

On my second server (same OS and mostly same software) these packages will install without any problems.

Any clues? Key chain issue?

I´ve checked the file system and permissions with the disk tool, no effect.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Mar 7, 2012 4:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2012 5:37 AM

Hi,

I found the reason, the solution is simple. It´s a new feature. I found it with the keyword gatekeeper.

This new function for 10.8 works in 10.7.3, but there is no graphical tool to check or change it. But a command line tool will do the job:

sudo spctl --enable

will enable the checks and blocks any installation other than over the app store or with valid developper signatures

sudo spctl --disable

will disable the checks and solve my problem. I don´t know how it was enabled, but now I can change it.

Nice new world.

Andreas

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 20, 2012 5:37 AM in response to dh7adr

Hi,

I found the reason, the solution is simple. It´s a new feature. I found it with the keyword gatekeeper.

This new function for 10.8 works in 10.7.3, but there is no graphical tool to check or change it. But a command line tool will do the job:

sudo spctl --enable

will enable the checks and blocks any installation other than over the app store or with valid developper signatures

sudo spctl --disable

will disable the checks and solve my problem. I don´t know how it was enabled, but now I can change it.

Nice new world.

Andreas

No software installation possible due to signature error. How to fix it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.