Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi Keeps Disconnecting and looking all Wireless AP's

Hi, I have a month old iMac 21.5" running Lion and a 17" Macbook Pro on SL

From out of the box, I have had wifi issues with the iMac that have become worse since installing the wifi update last week. While my Macbook connects and stays connected with no issue, the iMac dropps the connection and looses all Access Points every 30 minutes to an hour.

This is becomming a real head ache as I do allot of Facetime / Webnars.

Other than the patch release last week, is anyone else having these issues and or know of a fix.

Cheers,

Dave

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3), Wifi dropping

Posted on Mar 7, 2012 5:26 AM

5 replies

Mar 9, 2012 4:07 AM in response to wapsijim

Thanks for the help, Apple told me its a know ad-hoc issue that can occur one some Lion installs. There working on a fix soon. They suggested setting my routers channel to 'Auto' if possible.

The channel selection has semi solved it, the time between disconnection has increased but for the mean time I have hard wired using a Powergrid.

Thanks,

Dave

Apr 17, 2012 9:28 AM in response to Vaughaag

I'm also having this problem, but it's a bit more than just a simple Lion problem.

I have three Macs on the same WLAN:

1) a Mid-2011 iMac 27" with a 3.1 GHz Intel Core i5 processor;

2) an Early-2008 iMac 24" with a 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor;

3) a Mid-2009 MacBook Pro 15" with a 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor.

Systems 1 and 3 are running Lion; #2 is still on Snow Leopard. System 1 is the ONLY Mac that has the problem.

I've noticed that there are at least two reliably observable failure triggers for the Mid-2011 iMac WiFi:

1) a new device joins the same WLAN; (A device leaving does not seem to trigger the failure.)

2) the WLAN channel-hopping, which happens fairly often here.

I'll try another thing that's been suggested: going into Wi-Fi Advanced settings and ticking the box for "Require administrator authorisation to turn Wi-Fi on or off". That's just crazy enough to work, given what I think I'm seeing here.

Good luck to us all,

Jeff

Wifi Keeps Disconnecting and looking all Wireless AP's

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.