Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Installing 10.6 on new partition

I'm trying to install OS 10.6 on a new partition on my MacBook. I am currently running 10.7.2 and when I load my 10.6 Install DVD for my new partition and try to run it, It gives me an error. I assumed when I ran the DVD it would ask me which partition I would want to install the OS on, but I don't even get that far. Any help?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Mar 7, 2012 3:08 PM

4 replies

Mar 7, 2012 4:00 PM in response to markedit

My mac originally came with 10.6, but a few months later 10.7 came out so I upgraded right away. I didn't want 10.6 on a separate partition, but I wanted to load it on an external HDD to boot up from. I figured out that you insert your 10.6 disc while your mac it off, turn it on, and immediately hold the option key and keep holding it until it boots into recovery mode and you click on the CD image. It will then ask you where you want to install it. I'm not sure if this will work to put it on the internal HDD partitioned. I think it should. Just make sure to back up your data anyway.

Installing 10.6 on new partition

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.