Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have 3 video camaers JVC

I don't think Sony works with anything, for the most art they are just neat ideas but forgetabout it after you capture any video, other than the old VCR transfer method. At least for me, one of my video cams is a hard drive stored unit with 80 gig of memory, the docking unit that is sold with the cam I do not have and think it wouldn't matter, if the firewire wont transfer it like with the other 2 cams I own than other trouble exist.?

The JVC is and other Sony are mini DV tape and I have tried several firewires to transfer and they just don't seem to get noticed by the laptop.****************************************

I realize I need to have the codes from where the cams were made in my computer for it to be able and interface, I have been to the manufacturers web site for that informmation, the macbook pro just seems out on vacation about the deal of noticing the data to transfer, you know windows at least bounced an indication that something was trying to connect even if it came back with a message a required bit of something was lacking to make the transfer.

With my windows I used (but now am finding good use for blocking up equipment outside for balance and other task that windows computers might be useful for other than being a magnet for internet spam and endless updates leading to more updates) I had some success with transferring with a DVDXpress DX2 capture unit, windows had some more easy to manage add ons but the updates were OVER THE TOP RIDICULOUS!

I think I have about given up now after sending so much money over the years and time with no real results worth a darn, but here I am with a thread of hope to continue my insane journey into computing!

Thanks macbook pro helpersyou are a much more nice bunch of folks than the windows hacks for sure!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 7, 2012 5:08 PM

There are no replies.

I have 3 video camaers JVC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.