For more information:
I tried plugging it to BOTH of my computer and got another error. "USB device not recognized." After a about an hour of attempts, the iPod won't even show that picture anymore. Nothing displays on the screen no matter what I press and my computer doesn't even recognize it. If I put it close to my ear I hear a slight hissing sound.
To be of any assistance,
- Which version of iTunes are you using?
- What is your iPod firmware/software version as shown in the iTunes summary page?
Can you do a Hard Reset as below
- After charging till full charge, at least 2 hours (preferably 4 hours)
- Toggle the Hold switch, make sure you dont see the red mark when you do the next step
- Reset the iPod -> Press Menu and Center button simultaneously for about 10 secs till the Apple Logo comes ON
- Then release the buttons
- Select your preferred language.
Here is the Apple support Article on the 5Rs
Have a nice day!
Thanks for answer.. but do not working...
1. iTunes version 10.6.0.40
2. iPod classic 3rd gen ...
OBS,iPod 15GB w/Dck Cntr (Early 2004)
Serial number: JQ423MG4QQF
P.S. In the iTunes summary page i cannot connect because i have that problem...
Batery is full... but cannot turn on this iPod... or, watch this: http://tinypic.com/r/33w6qa9/5
Okay, maybe big problem, if your battery is full, as you are running the latest iTunes 10.6, on your Classical iPod. The repeating Apple logo means that the iPod software is corrupted as you can read in this Apple Article
So you have to put the iPod in DiskMode and update the iPod software. (easier said than done, I know)
here is how you may find which software is on your iPod
Here is how you can update the software, although I don't think it works for your model but try.