What is going on here?
I have always used bootcamp and previous OSX successfully with Windows, until LION. Now I am able to boot to windows from a "power off".power on>option button down.select windows icon HD. But cannot do so on a simple restart (no HD's icons are displayed), and in system preferences Startup Disk pane..windows is not there, and in disk utility my windws disk is idenitfied by disk0s4 (not mounted, MS DOS Fat, no files, but 100gb size is there).
Perhaps someone has some insight or suggestins on this.
1) Installed LION using bootcamp.
2) Now, choice for duo boot is only after power down>power up>push option button, if I simply do restart it never shows the duo boot icons (with option key down).
3) Inside of Lion, the windows icon in [I]startup disc in preferences [/I]is missing
4) Disk Utility shows Mac Volume and a Volume titled disk0s4 (not mounted) and format is shown as MS-DOS FAT (but yet in windows 7 it shows it as a NTSF)
Like I said W7 does work fine and I can boot back to LION using the bootcamp icon.
-I have tried disk repair from booting off my USB Utility, Repair is not possible on the disk0s4 (like I said it does not mount, does not show files, does show the correct partition amount of 100gb.
[B]Here's how it looks. MAC SIDE[/B]
Disk Utility show current drives: Mac and disk0s4
Disk Utility showing disk0s4, not mounted, no files MS DOS(fat)
StarUp disk in preferences. Only Mac drive is shown:
[B]Here's how it looks WINDOWS side[/B]
[B]Here's how it looks from EASUS view:[/B]
Window 7 work fine but I cannot choose a startup disk from inside of Lion nor is there a Duo boot icons if I just hold option from a simple restart (again I do have that duo option choice of displayed hard drive icons, if I start from a power off only).
1) I am guessing that the bootcamp volume disk0s4 is not really formatted as NFTS or is not recognized by LION as an NTFS volume and so it doesn't show it mounted and is not displayed in the disk startup pane; and hence will not show up even with an option button down or a simple restart of mac.
2) Doubtful if there is a way or program that could simple covert the disk0s4 volume to NTSF?
3) I have reinstalled twice ob Bootcamp and had the same results.
I coulld leave the way it is and just power on my mini each tme I want windows, but this shouldn;t be like this correct?
Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.