Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages and Numbers v1.6 hasn't fixed iCloud sync

Pages and Numbers have been updated to v1.6, mostly adding support for Retina displays on iPad3. Apple also added 3D charts which are very cool.

What they didn't fix is the iCloud sync problem. I cannot seem to get more than one document to work through iCloud on either Pages or Numbers. As soon as I create a seconf document, the hangs start and eventually nothing will update to the cloud, and then won't open at all.

To get around this, I've started using DropBox and DocumentsToGo for iOS and switched back to Office on my Macs. Sad too because I much prefer the interface and capabilities of iWork. But if I can't take my work with me and sync them between Macs, iPad, and iPhone, it's just not enough anymore.

Hopefully, either with Mountain Lion and upcoming iOS 5.x, Apple will fix iCloud doc sync, and maybe even (fingers crossed) add DropBox support or thier own cloud file sync.

Posted on Mar 7, 2012 7:04 PM

1 reply

Mar 13, 2012 4:59 PM in response to Michael Linneer

I've only been using iCloud for a couple of days. I have Pages and Keynote on my iPad 2 (iOS 5.1) and iWork on my Mac. As I understand it, they only syncing is done between iCloud and iOS (i.e., automatically uploads the revised file into my iCloud/iWork space). Access by the Mac a manual upload or download. I have two tiny pages docs in iCloud and on my iPad, and about a half a dozen Keynote presentations. I haven't had a problem, so far.

Pages and Numbers v1.6 hasn't fixed iCloud sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.