Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What Is Memeo Backup and why is it on my MacBook Pro w/ Snow Leopard?

What Is Memeo Backup and why is it on my MacBook Pro w/ Snow Leopard? Does it slow down my Mac? Seems like someting has slowed down my Downloads, Updates, Backups, etc. & I don't know how to locate the source or how to fix. Any Wizards avail to share some Wisdom? I am using Ethernet Cable/Port for Internet Connection, I Use a Seagate FreeAgent Go Flex Ultra-Portable Drive w/ Seagate's Firewire Adapter Cable.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 7, 2012 10:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2012 12:01 AM

Memeo Back is a backup utility software that comes bundled with Seagate/Go Flex drives.

Google it and you will get more info.

I use carbon copy cloner.

5 replies

Mar 8, 2012 12:29 AM in response to dominic23

If this is really Memeo Backup and you want to get rid of it for a better backup program like Carbon Copy Cloner the the following shows all the stuff that Memeo Backup installer installs (based on Memeo Backup 2.5.141 which I found with a google search and downloaded):

User uploaded file

The primary file to disable Memeo Backup would be that file in LaunchDaemons. Remove it and reboot and the rest is just taking up disk space.

Mar 8, 2012 4:00 PM in response to 5PCMBP

5PCMBP,

To check if it is Memeo Backup that is causing some slowness then please launch the software. If you have any active backup plans set then there should be a status on the main screen. If there are active plans then check to see if files are currently being backed up. This process does take up CPU resources which could be the reason why you are experiencing some type of slowness. However, it should go down once the backup completes. If you do not see an active backup plan then perhaps it could be another cause.

Mar 10, 2012 8:18 PM in response to dominic23

Thanks Guys for your help. Sorry I didnt get back sooner. I will try these options and see what happens. I want to note that for 1) there is a Memeo Uninstaller on my Seagate Drive. Didnt want to run it till I got some feeback. And 2) I am using the Seagate W/ Time Machine App. I take it none of you are fond of this App or just prefer somethoing more reliable? and stable? like the C.C.C. mentioned? Ill keep you all posted. I'll put more effort to stay current on everyones reply's & advice by checkin back more often. Thank you 10x...

Jan 3, 2013 6:29 PM in response to 5PCMBP

RE: removing Memeo Backup - simply do a search with Spotlight with keyword "Memeo". I did this, and found the "Memeo Uninstaller" app on my system (I bought a used Mac Pro w/programs I wanted to keep - Memeo was installed and used for trial, but never purchased and was expired.)

By the way, I'm also in the Carbon Copy Cloner camp!!

T

What Is Memeo Backup and why is it on my MacBook Pro w/ Snow Leopard?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.