Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no oneโ€™s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

[iOS5.1] Individual chapternames missing in audiobooks

After updating to iOS 5.1 my individualy chapternames in audiobooks are away. Instead of it, it will renamed by "Kapitel 1", "Kapitel 2", ....

Additionally, chapters with same original names following together are combines to one: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3466004

๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ 

Does anyone knows a solution. Im very angry about this "feature" (bug)?

๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ 

Same audiobook

on iOS 4.2:

"Vorspann"

"Kapitel 1"

"*"

"*"

"*"

"Kapitel 2"

"*"

"*"

"Kapitel 3"

on iOS 5.0:

"Vorspann"

"Kapitel 1"

"*" (combined 3 chapters)

"Kapitel 2"

"*" (combined 2 chapters)

"Kapitel 3"

on iOS 5.1:

"Kapitel 1"

"Kapitel 2"

"Kapitel 3" (combined 3 chapters)

"Kapitel 4"

"Kapitel 5" (combined 2 chapters)

"Kapitel 6"

iPhone 3GS, iOS 5

Posted on Mar 7, 2012 10:34 PM

12 replies

Sep 22, 2012 12:21 AM in response to Htaddict

Individual chapternames are back for me on iOS 6.

But iOS merges chapters with same chaptername to one greater chapter, if they follows together.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3466004 This bug not fixed since nearly a year (iTunes, iOS4.2.1, iPod 4th Gen. shows individual chapters with same name).

May be it's your problem? If ALL chapters have the same individual name, you got ONE chapter and cannot navigate or flip.

P.S.: New Audiobook bug in iOS 6! On my radio-clock (iGear4) with dock the "forward" ("backward") button on the remote control now jumps to the end (begin) of the whole audiobook. Before (iOS 3.x, 4.x, 5.x) it jumps the the next (begin of/previous) chapter.

Sep 22, 2012 5:36 AM in response to dieterfi

Sorry...

I was jumping between threads and I meant to post my reply in another thread:

"iOS 5 Music.app on iPad doesn't support audiobook chapters"

You are lucky if you have an iPhone or iPod touch ... you can/could actualy see that chapters exist.

On the iPad you cannot access chapters AT ALL since iOS 5 and it still hasn't been fixed in iOS 6.

Apr 2, 2014 8:29 AM in response to dieterfi

Has anyone ever fixed this?

I have the same problem today with my iphone 3GS IOS 6.16 (last IOS available for 3GS).

Apparently IOS7 made things much worse still in the audiobook department (all chapters are merged to a single audiobook by force), so am kind of happy it wasn't available for the 3GS... So is anyone still strugling with this in IOS 6?

@ dieterfi: This was not fixed in IOS 6 (or not for long). As I said, I have this problem in IOS 6.1.6... Chapters, instead of their titles, are displayed as "Part 1 of 8", "Part 2 of 8" etc.

[iOS5.1] Individual chapternames missing in audiobooks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.