Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fastest way to create a group from list of recived emails

I thought this would be as easy as drag and drop but no such luck.

Here's the situation. I had a class of 25 students email me from their mobile phones all using the same subject. Now I'd like to create a mailing list / group so that I can easly contact all of them if need be. I tried creating a new group and dragging all of the emails into it to no avail. I also tried right clicking and checking the menus to see if there were any options which there weren't.

Anyone have any suggestions? I'd be open to using automator or something similar if it worked.

Thanks,

Greg

Posted on Mar 8, 2012 12:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2012 9:40 AM

I think the fastest way to do this is in Mail>Message>Add to Address Book, then in AB>File>New Smart Group>Card:>Was updated After... say yesterday, then select all those & make a new (not Smart) Group to drag them to so it won't change after that.

Unless you could get them all to eMail with some other unique that AB can see as a Group field.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 8, 2012 9:40 AM in response to Comatosed

I think the fastest way to do this is in Mail>Message>Add to Address Book, then in AB>File>New Smart Group>Card:>Was updated After... say yesterday, then select all those & make a new (not Smart) Group to drag them to so it won't change after that.

Unless you could get them all to eMail with some other unique that AB can see as a Group field.

Fastest way to create a group from list of recived emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.